EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 30
Series of 2020
ADDENDUM TO THE LOCALIZED GUIDELINES FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF THE CORONAVIRUS DISEASE 2019 (COVID-19) SITUATION IN THE CITY OF BOGO
WHEREAS, on March 8, 2020, President Rodrigo R. Duterte issued Presidential Proclamation No. 922 declaring a State of Public Health Emergency throughout the Philippines;
WHEREAS, on March 12, 2020, the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emergency Infectious Diseases comprised of the DOH, DFA, DILG, DOJ, DOT, DOTr, and DICT issued Resolution No. II approving protocols to be observed relative to the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) outbreak that includes the suspension of land, domestic air, domestic sea travel to and from Metro Manila effective March 15, 2020;
WHEREAS, in light of the COVID-19 health crisis, I issued Executive Order No. 28 Series of 2020, promulgating the localized guidelines for the management of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) situation in the City of Bogo;
WHEREAS, there is a need to implement additional mitigation measures in order to limit the social interaction of the people in the City of Bogo;
WHEREAS, on March 21, 2020, Governor Gwendolyn F. Garcia of the Province of Cebu issued Executive Order No. 5-K on the Additional Mitigation Measures to be implemented by Local Chief Executives of Municipalities and Component Cities of the Province of Cebu;
WHEREAS, in order to align the efforts of the City with that of the Province of Cebu, there is a need to set forth consistent guidelines with the abovementioned Executive Order of the Provincial Governor;
NOW THEREFORE, by virtue of the powers vested in me by law, I, CARLO JOSE A. MARTINEZ, Mayor of the City of Bogo, and congruent with Executive Order No. 28, Series of 2020, do hereby order as follows:
Section 1. Social Distancing. Strict social distancing of at least one (1) meter and proper hygiene shall be observed at all times in all of the following places:
- Terminals and public transport vehicles;
- Restaurants, carenderias, and other similar establishments;
- One-seat apart Rule. Drivers and passengers taking a public or private transport vehicle shall observe a one (1) seat apart rule.
- Prohibition on motorcycle back ride. No person shall be allowed to back ride behind motorcycle drivers except for an immediate family member who is exempted from the coverage of the expanded curfew as per Section 2.1 hereof. Proof must be presented to the authorities in order to warrant this exemption.
- Checkpoints. Tricycles, buses, jeepneys, and other public transport vehicles shall be stopped at designated checkpoints for checking with their compliance with social distancing.
Section 2. Expanded Curfew. There shall be a twenty-four (24) hour City-wide curfew effective at 12:01 a.m. of March 24, 2020.
2.1 Coverage. The expanded curfew shall cover all persons particularly students of pre- school, day-care, elementary, high school and college as well as out-of-school or unemployed individuals and persons aged sixty-five (65) years old and above, until revoked, except for the following:
- Public and private health workers, hospital workers and administrative staff, medical professionals, volunteers of emergency response units, public officials and employees of the Government. An Identification Card shall be presented by the person concerned to authorities to warrant this exemption.
- Any person who is issued with home quarantine pass provided that such pass shall only be used in consonance with Section 2.3 hereof.
- Any person who shall report to work provided that the latter presents his Company Identification Card or Certificate of Employment.
- Persons aged sixty-five (65) years old and above with a pre-existing medical condition that necessitates them to go to a medical facility for treatment shall be exempted from the twenty-four (24) hour curfew during his or her visit to said facility. A certificate from the Punong Barangay having jurisdiction over his or her residence must be secured. Person claiming for exemption must submit a medical certificate and other relevant documents, if any, relative to his or her pre-existing medical condition.
- Other exemptions shall be subject to the approval of the City Mayor of Bogo.
- Persons Traversing the City. Persons traversing within the City of Bogo are required to bring their identification cards and/or Home Quarantine Pass issued by their locality at all times. The Philippine National Police in coordination with the City of Bogo Barangay Peacekeeping Action Team and Barangay Tanods shall set-up strategic check points in all entry points of the City to ensure compliance of this provision.
- Home Quarantine Pass. Each household shall be given ONE Home Quarantine pass only. No person shall be allowed to go outside their respective homes without such home quarantine pass which shall only be used for the following purposes:
- Purchase of food/medicines;
- Access to healthcare services;
- Access to banks and other related services.
Section 3. Closure, Stoppage and Other Prohibitions
- At 12:01 AM of March 24, 2020, all barbershops, hair salons, tattoo or piercing parlors, aesthetic centers, and related personal care services are hereby ordered closed. This shall also include all home services by manicurists, masseuses, cosmetologists, aestheticians, and other like services where strict social distancing cannot be followed;
- All beach outings, excursions, and other activities of similar nature are prohibited.
- Island hopping and diving activities within the territorial waters of the City of Bogo shall no longer be allowed;
- Hotels, pension houses and resorts shall be prohibited from accepting group bookings composed of five (5) or more persons. Group celebrations, parties, activities and other gatherings of any form are strictly prohibited. For purposes of this order, five (5) or more persons gathered in an area shall be considered as gathering.
- Dine-in shall no longer be allowed in fast food and pizza chains effective March 25, 2020 while in all other restaurants, eateries and carenderias dine-in shall only be allowed up to March 26, 2020. Beyond those mentioned dates, only orders for home delivery or made via drive-thru will be permitted.
- All activities at the barangay level such as pageants, bingos, discos, and any other activity participated by ten (10) or more persons are hereby prohibited. The Punong Barangay is enjoined to enforce such prohibition. Otherwise, the Punong Barangay will be liable for any violation.
- Online classes conducted within the City of Bogo shall likewise be suspended until further notice.
Section 4. Workforce. Effective 12:01 a.m. of March 24, 2020, all businesses and non-profit entities operating within the City of Bogo shall utilize, to the maximum extent possible, any telecommuting or work from home procedures. As far as practicable, each employer shall reduce the in-person workforce reporting at any of its work locations, branches, or offices by 50%.
4.1 Exemptions. Any essential businesses or entities providing essential services or functions shall not be subject to the in-person restrictions. This includes the following:
- Health care operations;
- Infrastructure including utilities, telecommunication, airports, transportation infrastructure;
- Manufacturing, including food processing and pharmaceuticals;
- Grocery stores and pharmacies;
- Trash collection, mail, and shipping services;
- News media;
- Banks and related financial institutions;
- Construction and related services;
- Services necessary to maintain the safety, sanitation, and essential operations of residences;
- Logistics and technology support, child care and services needed to ensure the continuing operation of government agencies and provide for the health, safety and welfare of the public;
- Other businesses may be exempted from this provision as determined and approved by the City Government of Bogo.
Section 5. Enforcement. The PNP and the Armed Forces of the Philippines shall assist in the implementation of this Executive Order and apprehension of any violator thereto, in coordination with the City of Bogo Barangay Peacekeeping Action Team and Barangay Tanods.
Section 6. Effectivity. All other provisions contained in this executive order without an effectivity clause shall be effective immediately.
Bogo City, Cebu, Philippines. March 23, 2020.
ATTY. CARLO JOSE A. MARTINEZ